College Spring Break: Expectation vs. Reality

School holidays are one of the best perks of being a student. And Spring Break probably tops the list. Sometimes, though, it can be utterly underwhelming and reality doesn’t exactly live up to expectation…

1. You expect to be beach body ready. 

But not matter how hard you try, you end up justifying every bite of every meal. 

2. You expect to have the best spring break ever with your BFFs.

But drama follows you everywhere you go. 

3. You expect to party all day, everyday. 

But you’re done after Day 1. 

4. You expect perfect weather.

But Mother Nature sometimes just will. not. cooperate. 

5. You expect to rack up those double taps on Instagram. 

But you end up looking like this and losing followers instead. 

Despite all the mishaps, Spring Break will always have a special place in your heart.

Looking for extra cash to fund your spring break trip? Don’t forget to check your earnings in your account. If you don’t already have an Admit Profile, create your own college profile now and start earning money!

Accepted to Duke, Brown, NYU, UChicago, UNC, East Carolina, NC State

I'm a class of 2018'er at UChicago studying Economics and Psychology! Super interested in start-ups and economics.

Accepted to USC, Dartmouth, Emory, UMich, Rochester, Lehigh, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss

Hi! I'm a college freshman who was accepted to some of the best universities in the country (most likely due to my essays). Feel free to ask any questions!

Student Advice: Choosing Where to Enroll

It’s a great feeling when you get multiple acceptances from the colleges you’ve applied to, but it can also be a challenging time deciding where to enroll! The tables have turned! Now, it’...

Duke Supplemental Essay Prompts & Examples

Thinking about applying to Duke this Fall? Check out Duke’s supplemental essay prompts and examples from the 2017-2018 application cycle. You can expect similar prompts for the upcoming cycle.Duke Application Prompts1. Short Essay...