Senior Prom: Expectations vs. Reality

With college applications and enrollment out of the way, high school seniors can take a breather and plan for prom. Based on movies and tv shows, prom is a magical night that can turn your life around and give you the happy fairytale ending you’ve always wanted. We hate to break it to you, but prom isn’t always as advertised: 

1. You wait all year for the cutest prom proposal

...but you end up begging your best guy friend to take you.

2. You think you have the most amazing dress ever

...but everyone else’s dress seems so much nicer than yours.

3. You think you’ll have flawless hair and makeup all night like Beyonce

...but you scare yourself when you look in the bathroom.

4. You think you’ll make this grand entrance

...but absolutely no one cares you have arrived.

5. You deceive yourself into thinking you can walk in heels all night

...but you can barely stand properly.

6. You think you’ll have killer moves on the dance floor

...but you’re actually just a hot mess.

7. Finally, you think prom is a magical night that will change your life

...but it’s just another ordinary high school dance.

Prom night is much like New Year’s Eve. When there’s too much expectations, it’s often a letdown. But that doesn’t mean it can’t match your expectations! We hope all high school seniors out there have a beautiful senior prom, and have a blast with all their friends! 

Need money to buy that prom dress you’ve been eyeing? Share your #admitstory with us and help others who are interested in your school better understand the application process. Plus, you get to cash out your $10 signup bonus and earn extra money for college! What are you waiting for?

pam3171

Accepted to Harvard, SD State, USD, Yale, Drake

Harvard '19. President's Interagency Task Force on Human Trafficking. Global Health and Health Policy Concentrator. Legal and political background.

Accepted to Northwestern, Emory, WashU, UMich

Hey everyone, I'm a current Northwestern student (Class of 2018, although I may finish up a little early) and I absolutely love it! Admissions really is a tough time, so try to keep your head up and don't be afraid to take chances.
brianlin
WashU ‘20

Accepted to WashU, CMU, GA Tech, UGA

Aspiring Communication Design and Computer Science student, food lover extraordinaire