Inside Look: The Theater District of Emerson College

Emerson College is one of U.S. top colleges located in the heart of Boston, MA. Emerson is well know for its Writing, Literature & Publishing Department and even more so for its Theatre Department. Cstubbe2794, a sophomore at Emerson, gives us an exclusive inside look at what it’s like to be a student at Emerson and the influence the Theatre District has Emersonians.

Unlike many colleges, Emerson’s campus is actually the city of Boston. Because we are right in the center of the city, next to the Boston Common, we don’t have a place set apart just for Emersonians. We just have the city. As an arts school, we’re also lucky to be right in the theater district, with many off Broadway shows coming to perform at our very own Colonial Theater!

Emerson College is known mainly for two things—its incredible film program and its rigorous theater program. Because of this, all Emerson students get discounts whenever there are shows in the area, especially ones played in our own theaters. My freshman year, we had “Jersey Boys;” this semester, it was “Mama Mia.” Both of them played in the Colonial Theater, which is connected to the Colonial dorms.

nyudotedu

Accepted to NYU, BC, BU, GWU, Northeastern

I was born and raised in Korea, but I've studied in in U.S. boarding school for 7 years. I love people, building, and cars so I love every cities in the world.

niustephanie

Accepted to Stanford, MIT, GA Tech

STEM outreach enthusiast. Poet. Programmer. Advocate for women in STEM.
BrownDomer
Notre Dame ‘20

Accepted to BU, Emory, Swarthmore, Notre Dame

Hello! I'm an international student from Ethiopia and I'll be majoring in Biology. I'd love to share all the tips and tricks I've learned from my rather unique college application experience with you!

UNC Writing Supplement Essay Prompts 2017-2018

Due to its popularity among in-state and out-of-state students, the University of North Carolina is one of the most competitive public universities in the US. The University of North Carolina is the oldest public university...

College Rejection: Understanding the Tufts Syndrome

Ever heard of the term Tufts Syndrome? One of our recently graduated high school interns have and Aditya wants to share with you what it means and how it affects your application. Getting rejected from...

MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts
MIT 2017-2018 Essay Prompts

Applying to MIT this fall? Check out the 2017-2018 MIT essay prompts!If MIT is your dream school, you should already know that MIT does not use the Common Application. Instead, they have their own...