Inside Look: The Theater District of Emerson College

Emerson College is one of U.S. top colleges located in the heart of Boston, MA. Emerson is well know for its Writing, Literature & Publishing Department and even more so for its Theatre Department. Cstubbe2794, a sophomore at Emerson, gives us an exclusive inside look at what it’s like to be a student at Emerson and the influence the Theatre District has Emersonians.

Unlike many colleges, Emerson’s campus is actually the city of Boston. Because we are right in the center of the city, next to the Boston Common, we don’t have a place set apart just for Emersonians. We just have the city. As an arts school, we’re also lucky to be right in the theater district, with many off Broadway shows coming to perform at our very own Colonial Theater!

Emerson College is known mainly for two things—its incredible film program and its rigorous theater program. Because of this, all Emerson students get discounts whenever there are shows in the area, especially ones played in our own theaters. My freshman year, we had “Jersey Boys;” this semester, it was “Mama Mia.” Both of them played in the Colonial Theater, which is connected to the Colonial dorms.

youngch

Accepted to Baruch, Binghamton, Brooklyn College, Hunter, Macaulay Honors, Duke, JHU, Northwestern, UPenn, Brown, Cornell, SUNY Buffalo, Rice, Vanderbilt, NYU, Columbia

I grew up in New York City, Bronx and Brooklyn to be exact. I went to pretty big public schools and once you find a supportive yet motivating group of friends, teachers, advisors, and counselors to complement your family, life becomes a whole lot better!

ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!

I'm a student at Columbia. I love writing, activism, terrible jokes, and binge-watching Netflix. Aspiring English teacher.

Emory University: Essay Topics & Personal Statement Examples

Applying to Emory University this fall? If you are just getting started on your application essays, get some inspiration from these successful essay excerpts:1. Overcoming Personal StruggleEssay Excerpt from DooleypeanutsEmory University ‘22 Neuroscience and Neurobiology “The...

5 Tips to Help You Look for Scholarships this Summer

Summer after junior year in high school is a great time for you to start looking and applying for scholarships. Why? You’ll get more for your efforts. It’s not something most applicants are...