Inside Look: The Theater District of Emerson College

Emerson College is one of U.S. top colleges located in the heart of Boston, MA. Emerson is well know for its Writing, Literature & Publishing Department and even more so for its Theatre Department. Cstubbe2794, a sophomore at Emerson, gives us an exclusive inside look at what it’s like to be a student at Emerson and the influence the Theatre District has Emersonians.

Unlike many colleges, Emerson’s campus is actually the city of Boston. Because we are right in the center of the city, next to the Boston Common, we don’t have a place set apart just for Emersonians. We just have the city. As an arts school, we’re also lucky to be right in the theater district, with many off Broadway shows coming to perform at our very own Colonial Theater!

Emerson College is known mainly for two things—its incredible film program and its rigorous theater program. Because of this, all Emerson students get discounts whenever there are shows in the area, especially ones played in our own theaters. My freshman year, we had “Jersey Boys;” this semester, it was “Mama Mia.” Both of them played in the Colonial Theater, which is connected to the Colonial dorms.

BGrove
Duke

Accepted to Duke, UT Austin, GA Tech, Washington, Arizona

I am a normal person: I promise. I am a big sports fan who will be attending Duke to watch basketball (and hopefully graduate with an economics degree).
loisvve1

Accepted to Stanford, Yale, Columbia, UGA

Pre-Med, language enthusiast, professional sandwich artiste.
bluedevil25
Duke

Accepted to Duke, Binghamton

Aristotle said, "A friend to all is a friend to none." I disagree.
MichaelR

Accepted to Columbia, Dartmouth, Cornell, UC Berkeley, JHU, Vanderbilt, Rice, UMich, UCLA, UNC, UT Austin, Washington, Ohio State, UCSD

Midwestern kid who loves molecular biology and electronic dance music. Let me help you edit your essays!