Ultimate Checklist After You’ve Been Accepted to College

Congratulations, high school seniors! Now that you’re officially college-bound, there a few things you need to do before you run off and enjoy your summer.

1. Make a Commitment

The May 1st enrollment deadline is coming up! If you still haven’t made a decision yet, here are some advice on how other students before you ultimately made their choice. If you have, don’t forget to send in the deposit and paperwork!

2. Say Thank You!

You probably worked harder than anyone else on your own college application, but don’t forget your support network that made the process easier on you. Write a personal note to thank the teachers who wrote your recommendation, the counselors who sent in your transcripts, and friends and family who were there to support you emotionally. If you had a college interviewer, don’t forget to thank him or her as well!

3.  Treat Yo’self

You deserve it. Senior year is a long year. You have to make sure you keep your grades up, study for the SAT/ACT, write your application essays… And honestly, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Now that you’ve gotten accepted, let yourself take a break and enjoy your time with friends.

4. Don’t Fail Your Exams

Finish strong! You can certainly take it easy, but don’t let all your hard work go to waste. Study for your AP exams and end your high school career on a high note. You don’t want even want to get close to having your offer rescinded. Plus, if you do well, you can get college credit and place out of classes and save money!

5. Send Quality Time with Your Friends

The next few months leading up to College Move-In Day will be precious to you and your ride-or-die BFFs in high school. It’s really the one period in your life where you don’t have any (or at least, not that many) responsibilities, and can really just enjoy the company of your friends.  

6. And…Your Family

This actually might be the last time you’ll ever live at home. Don’t neglect your parents and siblings (if you have any). Enjoy the little luxuries you’ve gotten used to every day for the last 18 years of your life.

7. Learn More about Your College!

Finally, don’t forget to check in and learn more about your college! You’ll be getting a lot of information from your college: dorm choices, orientation information, class schedules, summer reading, etc. Don’t just sweep that aside. It’s in your favor to be (somewhat) prepared when you get to campus. Freshmen year is a whirlwind - you don’t want to get swept up into the chaos of it all!

Share your #admitstory with us and help others who are interested in your school better understand the application process. Plus, you get to earn extra money for college! What are you waiting for? Create your College Admit profile!

rodmoretti

Accepted to Columbia, GA Tech, Northwestern, Princeton, UGA

As a part of Princeton Class of 2019, I know how difficult the application process is...I got denied, accepted, and wait-listed to several places. Let me help you find your path to success!

Accepted to Northwestern, Emory, WashU, UMich

Hey everyone, I'm a current Northwestern student (Class of 2018, although I may finish up a little early) and I absolutely love it! Admissions really is a tough time, so try to keep your head up and don't be afraid to take chances.

Hello! I'm a Freshman at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. I plan on concentrating in finance, marketing and social impact. In high school I was active in LGBTQ advocacy and music. I can help with any questions you have about admissions
ltan98
Fordham ‘20

Accepted to American, Fordham, Skidmore, Syracuse, UC Irvine, UCSB

Hi there! I went to an American school in Hong Kong from K-12 and will be starting my freshman year at Fordham University at Lincoln Center in the fall. If you're interested in theater and come from overseas, I would be of particular help to you!

7 Types of Second Semester Seniors
7 Types of Second Semester Seniors

If you’re a high school senior right now, you’ll know all about Senioritis. (Unless you’re #7.)Standardized tests, college application essays, FAFSA forms… senior fall is no fun. Thankfully, you’re (almost) finally...