USC Admission Results for Class of 2021

High school seniors have been waiting patiently by their computer throughout the week to hear back from the schools they’ve applied to. If you applied to the University of Southern California, the wait is over!

USC admitted 8,980 students to the new Class of 2021 Trojans. 14% are the first in their family to attend college! Much like other universities, USC also received a huge spike in the number of applicants this year. In fact, they had a 3.5% increase in applicants, totaling a number of 56,000 applications received—a USC record. This undoubtedly made the decision process for the admissions office even more challenging. The overall acceptance rate is 16%, just 0.5% lower than last year’s.

The incoming class of Trojans are a diverse group of academically high-achieving students. 31% of the USC’s Class of 2021 holds a 4.0 GPA and 41% scored in the 99th percentile on standardized tests. And, they come from all over the world. 26% are Asian, 14% are Latino, 6% are African-American and overall, 24% are from underrepresented racial groups.

USC also continues to provide financial support to incoming students. With a financial aid pool valued at $320 million, they’ve continued to increase their financial aid to students by 76% over the last 10 years. In fact, two-thirds of USC students receive some form of aid.

Congratulations to the USC Class of 2021! To those still waiting on results, good luck! Check out our list of major admission decision release dates here

Don’t let your application essays and materials go to waste. Turn your success into insights for future applicants by creating a College Admit profile. Plus, you get to earn some extra money!

JLee1126

Accepted to USC, Illinois, U Iowa, U of Minnesota

Operations analyst in the AWS industry. Graduated early from USC with degrees in business administration and environmental studies.

summer_500

Accepted to USC, BU, Fordham, NYU, UC Berkeley, UCSD, UCLA, Florida

Pre-med student at USC, majoring in Neuroscience and minoring in Theatre. In the free time I don't have, I compete on USC's Cheer team, and am more than happy to answer any of your questions about the application process!
Christina C

Accepted to Rice, USC, Washington, Arizona, Arizona State

Christina