Not sure what you need in college? We got your back.

We hope you love the products listed here! Just FYI, AdmitSee may collect a share of sales from the links on this page.

1. Bedside Caddy

Depending on how big or well laid out your dorm room is, this bedside caddy will come in handy. A great place to put your book, phone, or whatever you need, so you don’t have to keep getting up.

2. Electric Kettle

Staying up late to finish your paper? Make yourself some caffeinated tea or coffee. Need a late night snack? Make some ramen. All in your dorm room.

3. French Press

This might be a splurge, and you can certainly stick to instant coffee! But if you find yourself buying coffee all the time, then this will be a money saver for you.

4. Microwave Pasta Cooker

Hate to break it to you, but not all college dorm rooms have kitchens. You may have to share with your floor, or even two! So, this will be life saver if you have a microwave in your room.

5. Noise-canceling, Wireless Headphones

Whether in your room or in the library, it probably won’t be all that quiet. Invest in a pair of noise-canceling headphones (they don’t have to be wireless but they come in handy when working out!) to help you get through late night studying during your 4 years!

6. Shower Shoes

If you’re lucky, you’ll get your own shower. Then, you can skip to number 8. If not, then grab a pair of these shower shoes! Especially for those who are intense germaphobes, you’ll need it.

7. Shower Caddy

Keep all your bathroom essentials in one place and carry it to the bathroom with ease. You don’t want to have to juggle all your things while wearing a towel. You might drop them all!

8. Handheld Steamer

Forget ironing. I’ll be proud if you regularly do laundry! If you do need to look professional, or nice for a date, then the handheld steamer is just the thing you need. Split it with your friends. You don’t all need one, but you all need access to one.

9. Drying Rack

Dryers don’t always do a good job, and you don’t want to pay for an additional round, especially when some items are dried, and some are still damp. Use the drying rack in your dorm room! Plus, it can serve as extra hanging space.

10. Hanging Closet Storage

This can come in handy when you have more hanging in space than drawer space. Give yourself additional spaces for you to put shoes, clothes, or whatever it is you need to store.

Congratulations to the Class of 2022! Whether or not you got into your top choice, your admissions experience is valuable and we want to feature your application story. We can’t wait to see more of you join us and turn your success into insights for future applicants by creating a College Admit profile. Plus, you get to earn some extra money to buy these things for college!

Applying this year? For access to our college profiles, upgrade to our premium plans offer different levels of profile access and data insights that can help you get into your dream school.

bluedevil25
Duke

Accepted to Duke, Binghamton

Aristotle said, "A friend to all is a friend to none." I disagree.

I'm a student at Columbia. I love writing, activism, terrible jokes, and binge-watching Netflix. Aspiring PhD students/teacher.
Ves_Nanov
Dartmouth

Accepted to Dartmouth, Vassar, Kenyon, UVA

I am an incoming freshman from Bulgaria. I have spent one year as an exchange student in Chicago and look forward to returning to the States this fall.
niathuravil
Rutgers

Accepted to Rutgers, NYU, Fordham, UMass, Colorado, MSU, Illinois, Arizona, Washington

Your local dancing astronaut with a passion for the political things in life.