Insight About Carnegie Mellon’s Campus

Josh attends Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Here is the inside scoop about the best places to study and eat on CMU’s campus and his thoughts on Pittsburgh!

Carnegie Mellon has tons of great locations to relax, study, or just hang out with friends. Hunt library, located in the center of campus, offers numerous group study rooms, quiet work desks, and even personal study nooks with windows overlooking a beautiful garden. And if you get hungry while studying there is a great little café located on the first floor that is open at all hours during the week. If you are looking for a place to meet up with friends, you will likely find yourself heading to the University Center “black chairs”. Located in the main forum of the UC, these chairs are surrounded by diverse university facilities, and are a great location to meet up.

One of the best aspects of CMU’s campus is its location on the edge of Pittsburgh. If you walk a single block off campus out of the city, you will find yourself in beautiful Schenley Park. It’s a great place to relax,hang out with friends, or take a hike to relieve stress. Walk one block into the city or hop on a bus and you will suddenly find yourself surrounded by amazing restaurants, shops, and skyscrapers. The possibilities are really endless, and CMU’s location promises that there is something for just about everybody.

Check out Josh’s AdmitSee Profile to read more about him!

tngreen55593

Accepted to Georgetown, UT Austin, Texas Christian, Texas A&M, Richmond, Pepperdine

A hard worker that is living the dream.
neha925

Accepted to Yale, UMich

Yale Undergraduate Majoring in Political Science and English
Isandres2

Accepted to Utah, Colorado, Colby, Williams, SMCVT

Hi! I go by Izi and I am a current student at Williams College Class of 2019. I hope to be a biology or sociology major with a neuroscience concentration. I am on the NCAA Division 1 alpine ski team here.
abbyyys18
Babson ‘23

Accepted to Babson, BU, Bentley, Northeastern, Holy Cross, Skidmore, Fordham, Muhlenberg, Whitman, Whittier , F&M

An international student interested in business management. I'm not an outstanding student but I got into my preferred schools; find out how!