USC Merit-Based Scholarships You Should Know About

Worried about how you can afford to attend a private university? If you’re applying to the University of Southern California, there are a few merit-based scholarships you should know to alleviate the cost.

As one of the most competitive universities on the west coast, USC has a broad range of studies to offer their prospective undergraduate students. From the USC Annenberg School of Communication and Journalism to the Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young Academy, there are many strong unique undergraduate programs that the draw attention of prospective students to USC.

For a lot of applicants, however, the costs of attending a private university can be reason enough to consider applying elsewhere. So, if you’re applying to USC, here are 3 merit-based  full-tuition scholarships you need to know:

USC Trustee Scholarship

The Award

The USC Trustee Scholarship is a merit-based full-tuition scholarship for students to pursue their undergraduate studies at USC. The number of awards varies every year, approximately 100 students per year.

Eligibility & Application Deadline

All students who submit their application before December 1st will automatically be considered for the USC Trustee Scholarship. International students are also considered. USC faculty and staff are looking for candidates who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership and engagement in community service. Students selected for the interview will be notified by Feburary and will be conducted as part of the Explore USC Program.

Click here for more information about the USC Trustee Scholarship.

USC Mork Family Scholarship

The Award

The Mork Family Scholarship awards approximately 10 students per year a full ride to USC. The scholarship covers full-tuition (approximately $51,000/year) and a $5,000 stipend every hear for housing and other living expenses.

Each scholarship winner will have a dedicated schoalrship advisor that will support them through their undergraduate career at USC. As a Mork Family Scholar, students will also access to the Scholar community network, and are also invited to a leadershp treat at Catalina Island during their sophomore year.

Eligibility & Application Deadline

All students who submit their application before December 1st will automatically be considered for the Mork Family Scholarship. International students are also considered. USC faculty and staff are looking for candidates who have pursued a rigorous academic curriculum and achieved at the highest level. Finalist candidates will have a mandatory interview.  

Click here for more information about the USC Mork Family Scholarship.

USC Stamps Scholarship

The Award

The USC Stamps Scholarship is a partnership between USC and the Stamps Scholar Program to offer approximately 5 students every year a full ride to the study at USC. This merit-based scholarship also includes access to a $20,000 enrichment fund that can be used for study abroad, unpaid internships, research projects and other educational pursuits.

USC Stamp Scholars will also have a network of students and alumni they can tap into, and participate in on and off campus events scheduled exclusively for them. Additionaly, there is a sponsored Stamps Scholar National Convention for students to meet and learn from Stamp Scholars around the country.

Eligibility & Application Deadline

All students who submit their application before December 1st will automatically be considered for the Stamps Scholarship. International students are also considered. USC faculty and staff are looking for candidates who fit the academic criteria, and for candidates who have demonstrated leadership, talent, perserverance, invovlement and innovation. Candidates selected for final round will be contacted in February for an additional interview.

Click here for more information about the USC Stamps Scholarship.

USC also offers many other scholarships that award students from half-tuition to $10,000 with the application requirements and deadlines. Additionally, there are also other specific full-tuition scholarships that you may be eligible for. Check out this full list of USC scholarships.

If you’re applying to USC this fall, remember that the USC application also includes writing supplements. Bookmark this full list of USC supplemental essay prompts and tips on how to approach the them! For more inspiration, you can also upgrade and unlock our USC package to view full successful application files from USC!

ParkerGreen

Accepted to USC, UC Irvine, UCSB, GWU, UCSD, Arizona

Attending the University of Southern California starting in the fall of 2015!

JLee1126

Accepted to USC, Illinois, U Iowa, U of Minnesota

Operations analyst in the AWS industry. Graduated early from USC with degrees in business administration and environmental studies.