Ivy League Class of 2021 Acceptance Rates

Over 30,000 high school seniors were waiting by their computers yesterday at 4:59PM ET for the notification email from the Ivy League schools they applied to. The letters are out, and here are the admission results of the incoming Class of 2021:

This year was a record-breaking year for number of college applications received. With the exception of Dartmouth, the other six Ivy League universities all received a record-high number of applications for the Class of 2021.

Many expected acceptance rates to drop significantly due to the increase in student applications. While a few acceptance rates have dropped (slightly), others have remained constant:

Brown University: 

Accepted 2,722 out of 32,724 applications, a 8.3% acceptance rate. For a more in-depth break down, here’s the overview of Brown’s Class of 2021.

Columbia University: 

Accepted 2,185 out of 37,389 applications, resulting in a 5.8% acceptance rate. 

Cornell University: 

Accepted 5,889 out of 47,038 applications, an overall 12.5% acceptance rate. Read more about Cornell’s lowest acceptance rate.

Dartmouth College: 

Accepted 2,092 out of 20,034 applications, marking a 10.4% acceptance rate. Here’s a summary of Dartmouth’s newly admitted class

Harvard University: 

Accepted 2,056 out of 39,506 applications, resulting in a 5.2% acceptance rate. A deep dive into Harvard’s admission results.

University of Pennsylvania: 

Accepted 3,699 out of 40,413 applications, resulting in a 9.2% acceptance rate.

Princeton University: 

Accepted 1,890 out of 31,056 applications. This makes it an overall 6.1% acceptance rate. Here’s a break down of Princeton’s admission numbers.

Yale University: 

Accepted 2,272 out of 32,900 applications, marking a 6.9% acceptance rate. Read why Yale’s acceptance rate increased this year.

Congratulations to the Class of 2021! To those still waiting on results, good luck! Check out our list of major admission decision release dates here

Don’t let your application essays and materials go to waste. Join other Class of 2021 Admits and turn your success into insights for future applicants by creating a College Admit profile. Plus, you get to earn some extra money!

bweintraub

Accepted to Cornell

Hotel Administration Major at Cornell University
hulya559

Accepted to Harvard, Dartmouth, UC Berkeley, Emory, USC

Hi! I'm a Harvard PreFrosh interested in service, economics, math, and philosophy excited to help you.
clee94

Accepted to Harvard, UVA, USC

Hi! Harvard senior (brother in class of '19 here as well) studying Economics and East Asian Studies while journalism, wood design, dance, baseball, cultural, & professional groups.
elewal

Accepted to Brown, Cornell, CMU, Wesleyan, William & Mary, Case, Villanova, Binghamton, RPI, WPI

Hi! I'm a sophomore at Brown University studying Biochemistry and English. I love writing, baking, hiking, and music.