Thursday Caption Contest - January 14th

She’s known as one of the most generous people on television. Here she is giving commencement at Harvard - so what do you think is running through Oprah’s mind? Why is she overcome with emotion? Let us know what you think in the comments section below. We’ll pick our three favorites, taking into account the number of likes your submission gets (hint: it helps to share)! Winner gets a $20 Amazon Gift Card, $20 in site credits, plus bragging rights. The two runners-up each get $10 in credits to apply towards unlocking successful application examples and/or chatting with mentors. Contest ends Thursday, December 10th. Three submissions max. Congrats to last week’s winners

hannah626

Accepted to UGA

I am a current junior at Duke studying biology, marine science, and markets and management studies

I'm a student at Columbia. I love writing, activism, terrible jokes, and binge-watching Netflix. Aspiring English teacher.

College Tours 101: Everything You Need to Know

With spring break and summer vacation in our horizon, it’s time to discuss when and how to plan a successful college tour. What’s a College Tour? What’s the point?  Let’...

Should You Take a Gap Year?
Should You Take a Gap Year?

Popular among high school students from the U.K. and Australia, gap years give you an opportunity to delay attending college for a year.  While gap years are as varied as the students who...

Common Application Essay Prompts 2018-2019

With another application season behind us, it’s time to move on to the next. Here are the 2018-2019 Common Application Essay Prompts. The Common Application conducts a review process for the essay prompts every 2...